Friday, May 15, 2015

Life of an Intern



As I've mentioned in previous posts and videos, I'm a intern this summer! I'm not sure I want to entirely disclose all the details about where I work, etc, but I still want to share as much of my experience as I can.





I started work on May 4, 2015. My commute to downtown is about one hour and ten minutes. So I leave around 8:30 and I don't get home until 6:30... so it's been feeling like long days. Overall my experience with being a big city has been less surprising and exciting than I expected it to. Don't get me wrong, I think its great. But maybe I hyped it up a bit too much? Let's just say its probably more fun if you have friends around to enjoy it with.


The work itself has been fine, as well. Similar to my experience with the city, its alright, but not as exciting or as surprising as I had previously thought. It has certainly been challenging too. Warning for any other bloggers and possible future interns: people will not always like your writing. Most times they won't. And it can be really hard to adjust from doing creative writing solely for yourself, to doing it as a job. Writers block is a lot more common when you know someone will be judging what you write.

As for my time off, I've mostly been hanging out where I'm staying, with my boyfriend's grandmother. Which is great- we get along really well, and I always have someone to play Scrabble with.

I'll be back next week with some beauty related posts, and I hope to keep you updated with how my summer is going. Feel free to let me know how your summer is going in the comments!

Until then,


No comments:

Post a Comment